• Slideshow
  • Speedometer Cable Repair
    Cables and Housing Assembly "Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the cable you built for me. Fits and works perfect. Saved me a bunch of work not having to disassemble a 33 year...

Speedometer Cable Repair

Speedometer Cable Repair
mechanics911
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speedometer Cable Repair

Post by mechanics911 »

Cables and Housing Assembly
"Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with the cable you built for me. Fits and works perfect. Saved me a bunch of work not having to disassemble a 33 year old dash and cluster."

SPEEDOMETER CABLES are not all the same.
Typical Speedometer Cable and Housings bought at an Auto Parts Store or by Mail Order are usually made from a plastic tube with maybe a little bit of wire mesh as a one size fit all. Or you might have to assemble it yourself and hope you do it right. If the Cable and Casing is not correctly assembled it can damage the Speedometer and/or gears in the Transmission.

Our replacement Speedometer Cable and Housings for OEM or Custom Application are made out of Coiled steel with a black vinyl covering. If you want an original looking, exposed steel, Vintage Speedometer Cable and Housing we will gladly build that for you. Or if you need a Cable for a Power Seat or Convertible Top we may be able to duplicate that for you as well.

Return to “Speedometer Cable Repair”